.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cartoon

Cartoon Me - Draw Cartoon Faces
By Carmeline Calvistacro

Cartoon If you are an aspiring artist, you certainly know how difficult it is to draw a cartoon avatar of someone or yourself. Drawing caricatures is not easy and takes a lot of meticulous practice and patience. It can literally take years of practice to get the process down right.

When I first started trying to draw a cartoon me avatar, I discovered it was far more challenging than I was lead to believe. I am told that even professional artists sometimes have a difficult time making the cartoon resemble the person they are drawing. I always wondered if there was a short cut or an easy way to learn this.

I thought enrolling in art classes would solve the problem. Little did I know that drawing a cartoon avatar was a lot more than enrolling in some art class at the local community college. I found that drawing something so complicated was more natural talent than a learned skill.


Cartoon

I would say the main reason that is not easy to draw a cartoon me avatar is because most of it comes down to natural talent. There is only so much you can learn. It is almost like singing, where you either have it or you do not. There is no amount of practice that one can do to improve once they reach a certain point. Basically it comes down to ones natural artistic gift.

Sometimes when I just tried to draw a person, it actually turned out they looked more like a cartoon anyways. This was unintentional but due more to my lack of natural artistic ability. Although I can draw a cartoon avatar, it is not nearly as good as some people can.

The hardest part of drawing a cartoon me avatar is definitely coloring the eyes. The eyes bring the face to life and are what make the drawing unique and real. There was nothing that challenged me more than bringing a cartoon face to life by perfectly drawing the eyes.

The newest way to actually draw a decent cartoon face is to find a computer program to help you do the hard work. There are many computer programs online that will actually assist you in turning a photo of yourself into a cartoon avatar.

If you are determined to become a great artist, it takes natural talent, skill and patience. By balancing all of things with plenty of practice, you should be able to draw a cartoon me avatar in a few months.